http://www.eatingwithfoodallergies.com/dairysubstitutes.html
For Margarine/Butter needs in recipes or for toast, I've found these options to both be very good:
Margarine
When searching for a dairy-free margarine, be sure to examine the product labels carefully (as always). The first "dairy-free" margarine I bought said "dairy-free" on it but, after looking at the label more closely at home, I discovered that it contained a "milk derivative". Due to FALCPA labels should list any of the top 8 allergens in a product. However, it is best not to rely on that entirely. Here are some dairy free margarines to look for:
When searching for a dairy-free margarine, be sure to examine the product labels carefully (as always). The first "dairy-free" margarine I bought said "dairy-free" on it but, after looking at the label more closely at home, I discovered that it contained a "milk derivative". Due to FALCPA labels should list any of the top 8 allergens in a product. However, it is best not to rely on that entirely. Here are some dairy free margarines to look for:
- Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread - I've used it in cooking, baking and as a spread and it works well as a butter substitute. They have several products which you can find more information about here.
- Fleischmann's Unsalted Margarine - This was an exciting discovery for me because 1) it was at the regular grocery store, 2) it comes in sticks and 3) it's inexpensive. I especially like it for baking and it seems to work well in recipes in place of butter. As always, be sure to check labels because Fleischmann's has other margarines that contain dairy.
No comments:
Post a Comment